• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Background

c_a_worshipper

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
Hello,

my background of my profile page keeps getting white instead of showing the pic I choose to be as background.
I do use a page like postimage or imgur as links. Cant it be fixed, or.......!??!

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
Imgur decided they don't like FreeOnes traffic so they blocked us. Great business tactic, let me tell you! :facepalm:

Nothing we can do about that, sad to say. The only thing you can do is use another image hoster and see if it works.

c_a_worshipper

Dafuck, they blocked you? That sucks! I thought that was a nice alternative for postimage :(! Somehow I can post in thread using postimage, but as background it turns white for some reason.

c_a_worshipper

......and just used a different site, IMG Safe, turns white again.

But Postimage.org is good site isnt it? Never had problems before

c_a_worshipper

Few years laters, have the same problem again: white background. I am using pimpandhost for quite some time know, not blocked anytime on this site. But somehow lately my bacground on the forum is not coming through. Can someone help me out?

- - - Updated - - -

(ps, my sig from the site is showing)

c_a_worshipper

Well it does, but the second I refersh or leave the page and return to it: it has turned to totally white!

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
If its your hoster, there's nothing we can do about it to be honest. Can you still edit the image?

c_a_worshipper

Thanks for helping guys!

Like I said, my signature (which I link the same way, and the same hoster), does show. My backgrounds just don't. Same hoster, dame way of linking. Just the baclground don't show, just a white paige. Can't even "rightclick to show picture", there just isn't one in the rightclick menu to be shown.

Not sure what you mean by editing. I can use a small pic from my albums here. And I can use the menu on my personal page if that is what you mean.

Oh and the funny thing is, I CAN share pics/post on the board from the host. Just can not use it as background.

Reactions: sj1

freeones_regina

Administrator
To be honest I didn't even know you could change your profile's page background and why would you want to do that anyway :dunno:
I think the disappearing background is just one of the mysteries of the Vbulletin software.

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Try editing in another image and see if that works. If it does, its the hoster. If if doesn't help.. wellllll.

c_a_worshipper

I did, more than once. Nothing works, I had this problem several years beforem, back then I hotlinked a pic, and that was the cause somehow.
Don't think I did that lately, I just use that site and I had no problems whatsoever.

Dont get why I can host the pics in a thread, but not use a pic as background here anymore. Weird. Still hope it can be solved.

c_a_worshipper

Funny enough, that did the trick. I didn't try it at first, because one: I never had issues with that hoster (countless backgrounds here), and second, all my other pics from that hoster still post here on the board.
Thanks again, and have a great day!

FreeOnes_Adam

Staff member
Funny enough, that did the trick. I didn't try it at first, because one: I never had issues with that hoster (countless backgrounds here), and second, all my other pics from that hoster still post here on the board.
Thanks again, and have a great day!

Had a feeling that would work! Glad it all panned out!